NYS on PAUSE Extended
Here are the What You Need to Know bullet points from the governor’s office. Here is the website for more information.
Last Updated: April 24, 2020 at 2:45PM What You Need to Know
- Schools and nonessential businesses will stay closed through May 15th.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- Preliminary Phase I results of Antibody Testing Study show 13.9% of the population have COVID-19 antibodies. Find more information and FAQs on antibody testing.
- Expanded COVID-19 diagnostic testing at NYCHA facilities begins 4/23.
- In face of a dangerous uptick of domestic violence incidents, a new domestic violence text program and new confidential online service will aid victims of abuse.
- Governor Cuomo will issue an Executive Order mandating the NYS Board of Elections automatically mail every New Yorker a postage-paid application for an absentee ballot.
- State Health Department will partner with Attorney General James to investigate nursing home violations.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through May 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Please follow and like us: